Technology is an essential tool that should be available in all classrooms and offices in support of our district mission. Technology motivates students, enhances the curriculum, and brings to the fingertips of every student a storehouse of research and information that expands student learning and strengthens teaching. Alvin Independent School District is committed to providing these tools for our students, teachers, and administrators along with the training to make them effective.
Technology Integration Specialists
A Instructional Technology Specialist’s (ITS) role is to:
- Promote and facilitate the use of technology by school personnel and students
- Provide instruction and training for administrators, teachers, and other staff in the use of software applications, hardware, Internet resources, system policies and practices, technology integration strategies and initiatives employed by Alvin ISD
- Design and Develop Strategic Plans for the implementation of the Technology Application TEKS
- Create curriculum documents and resources that are aligned with the curricula of all core content areas such as Math, ELA, Social Studies, and Science as well as in special areas such as P.E., Music, Theater, and Art.
It is the mission of the Instructional Technology Specialists of Alvin ISD to increase student achievement, improve data analysis and reporting, provide a home-school connection, and give students, teachers, administrators and parents the tools that can enable great things to happen in every school through the use of technology.
District Technology Trainer
A Technology Trainer’s role is to:
- Provide training and support to all AISD employees on district supported software
- Develop and implement training programs for all AISD employees
- Create training material for district supported software
- Train district staff on technology equipment usage